CREAMY SALMON SOUP W GREENS (moderated from The Body Ecology Diet by D. Gates)
1-2 tbs coconut oil or ghee
1 large onion, cubed
3 carrots, chopped
1 large daikon, chopped
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 heaping tsp dried dill
14 oz Icelandic salmon
3 tbs lemon juice (or to taste)
salt to taste
1. In a saucepan, saute onion in oil.
2. Add daikon and carrots and continue to saute for several minutes.
3. Add dill and a small amount of water.
4. Place lid on saucepan and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
5. Add kale and cook until kale is tender.
6. Place in a blender, add salmon and blend. Add spring water as necessary to make blending go smoothly.
7. Return to stockpot.
8. Add sea salt.
9.Cook 10 more minutes.
10. Squeeze lemon juice in before serving.